CLASSIC TIGER TRAILS - 7 NIGHTS / 8 DAYS
TIGER TRAILS - 7 NIGHTS / 8 DAYS
This program covers the top three parks for Tiger viewing in Central India-Panna-Bandhavgarh-Kanha offering the best chance to sight the elusive Tiger. Panna Tiger Reserve has recently seen a spurt in Tiger population due to active conservation effort and offers high possibility of viewing the magnificent cat. Bandhavgarh and Kanha have been the strong hold for tigers from time immemorial. Khajuraho is a world heritage site famous for its erotic temples.Khajuraho
A World heritage site famous for temples built by the Chandela rulers around the 10th century. It has much more to offer than the erotic sculptures which have made it world famous. The famous Western group of temples is designated as the World Heritage Site and is enclosed within a beautifully laid out park. The Lakshmana and Vishwanath Temples to the front and The Kandriya Mahadev, Jagadami and Chitragupta Temples displays the best craftmanship of KhajurahoKen River Lodge and Panna Tiger Reserve
Ken River Lodge made a humble start in 1986 - one of the pioneers of wildlife tourism in the country. The forested estate is home to many mammals, birds and reptiles. The accommodation is simple and rustic with few mod cons thrown in. The 6 huts and 6 cottages are spread out in a 50 acre mixed jungle in undulating terrain, giving a jungle experience which few in the country can parallel. The lodge also boasts of a 3000 sq.ft. machaan were the meals are served. The machaan popularly known as the Tree House overlooks the Ken River and offers fresh home cooked meals.Panna National Park spread over 543 sq km was carved out of the hunting reserves of the erstwhile Panna, Chattarpur and Bijawar states. Panna was accorded sanctuary status in 1975 and in 1994 it became India’s 22nd Tiger Reserve. Panna is situated at the junction of the Gangetic plains and the Deccan peninsula. The panna hills provide the catchment area for the Ken River, which is the life line of the park. It is predominantly an open forest, offering great opportunity to see the tiger and other mammals. It also supports closed canopy forests, open forest with short grass and undercover, open Savannah woodlands which reflect sub Saharan habitats, tall grasslands and degraded scrub.Kings Lodge and Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve
Kings Lodge is nestled between Sal forested hills of Bandhavgarh National Park in a large natural forested estate of 14 hectares in a small tribal village. Kings lodge is environmentally sensitive, harmonious with the natural features of the site and accentuates natural daylight to all facilities. Local knowledge and art has been incorporated in the development and the lodge has been constructed using local manpower. Our guests benefit from our incredible location, outstanding hospitality, an experienced naturalist team, our commitment towards conservation and local communities. Bandhavgarh was established in 1968 as a National Park, and is spread over an area of 448 sq. kms. This national park was declared as a tiger reserve under Project Tiger in the year 1993. It is predominantly covered with vegetation like SAL, SALI, DHOBIN and has vast stretches of grasslands spread over 32 hills, the region though smaller than other wildlife parks has one of the highest density of tigers in the world.Kanha Earth Lodge and Kanha Tiger Reserve
Kanha Earth Lodge is spread in a forested area of 16 acres adjoining the buffer zone of Kanha in a small tribal hamlet. The lodge architecture has been inspired by the Gond tribal villages situated on the fringes of Kanha. The lodge has been built with high standards towards eco sensitivity, local village cooperation and a great wilderness experience. As a conscious decision the lodge is situated remotely, away from the tourism hub, yet close enough for an easy access to the park.Kanha Tiger Reserve's spectacular Sal and Bamboo forest, rolling grasslands and meandering streams stretch over 1945 sq. km. in the heart of central highlands. This is the original Kipling country so fondly written about in the Jungle Book. The park is the only home to the rare Hard Ground Barasingha found in its large grasslands. Kanha is also home to Tiger, Leopard, Sloth Bear, Deer, Ungulates, Lesser Cats and close to 300 bird species.
TIGER TRAILS - 7 NIGHTS / 8 DAYS
Day 01: Khajuraho - Panna
Reach Khajuraho by train/flight. Half day temple visit with lunch at Khajuraho. Transfer to Panna (30 kms) dinner and overnight stay Ken River Lodge. Khajuraho visit can be scheduled as per arrival timings.Day 02: Panna National Park
Morning and evening Jeep Safari in Panna Tiger Reserve.Day 03:Bandhavgarh National Park
Morning boat ride on Ken River, after breakfast with packed lunch drive 5 hours to Bandhavgarh. Evening at leisure followed by dinner at Kings Lodge.Day 04: Bandhavgarh National Park
Morning and evening jeep safari in Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve.Day 05:Bandhavgarh National Park
Morning and evening Jeep Safari in Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve.Day 06:Bandhavgarh – Kanha National Park
Post early breakfast drive 5 hours to Kanha Tiger Reserve. Evening Jeep Safari in Kanha Tiger Reserve.Day 07:Kanha National Park
Morning and evening Jeep Safari in Kanha Tiger Reserve.Day 08:Kanha National Park
Morning Jeep Safari in Kanha Tiger Reserve. Post breakfast depart to Jabalpur for further connections.
TIGER TRAILS - 7 NIGHTS / 8 DAYS
TOUR COST: USD 1620 PER PERSON ON TWIN SHARING.
Above tour rate is valid till 30th June 2019.
- Book 130 days in advance and get 10 % off on total tour cost.
- Get 20 % off for travel between 6th January 2019 to 21st January 2019.
- Get 20 % off for travel between 1st May 2019 to 30th June 2019.
- New year night supplement (31st Dec) USD 50 per person.
- For Indian nationals, please email us for a quote to email@example.com or call us on +91-011-40146400 , +91 - 124 - 2970497, 2570404
- Twin sharing accommodation in lodges as specified in program.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and tea/coffee service
- Half day temple visit in Khajuraho.
- One boat ride on Ken River.
- Two shared safari in Panna with entry fees, jeep charges and guide charges included.
- Four shared safari in Kanha with entry fees, jeep charges and guide charges included.
- Four shared safari in Bandhavgarh with entry fees, jeep charges and guide charges included.
- Road transfers by air conditioned Toyota Innova or similar (Khajuraho –Panna- -Bandhavgarh- Kanha-Jabalpur).
- All applicable taxes.
- Any airfare and transfers from the nearest airport or railway station and back.
- Any kind of personal expenses or optional tours, extra meals and beverages ordered.
- Insurance, laundry and phone calls.
- Bottled water, soft drinks and alcoholic beverages.
- Tips and gratuities.
- Anything that is not included in the Inclusions list (see above).
Booking Terms :
- Above rates valid till 30th June 2019.
- Rates may differ during Christmas, New Years and special long weekends, please contact our reservations for details.
- 50% advance payment at the time of booking and balance 30 days before arrival date.
- No adjustments or refunds in case of not availing any facility from the package.
- Our lodges require a minimum 24 hrs prior notice to organize an airport/station transfer. In case of any urgent requests of such nature, we recommend our guests to contact the lodge or Delhi reservation office by phone.
- In keeping with our heightened security procedures we request all guests to carry a photo- identity to present at check-in. Foreign nationals are required to present their Passport and valid visa. Indian nationals can present any one of the following: Passport, Driving License, Voter ID card or PAN card. This should be the same as submitted at the time of safari bookings.
- Guests who have paid by online credit card will have to also sign a further authorization at the lodge on arrival and present the original card.
- Our standard check-in time is 1330 hrs and check out time is 1100 hrs local time.
- Subject to availability of rooms, we can offer you an early check-in and late checkout facility. For us to guarantee you an early check-in or late check out, you will need to reserve the room from the previous night.
- Park is closed on Wednesady afternoon and on Holi festival. The forest department may close the park due to rain also on short notice.
- 1 child below 5 years complimentary, others will be charged 25% of double's cost.
- Children between 5-12 years 25% of the cost of double package in the same rooms.
- Above 12 years at 40% the cost of the double package, if minimum 65% extra child supplement has been paid on automatic upgrade to 2 rooms will be provided, subject to availability.
- 20% cancellation will be charged on all bookings
- Cancellation amount is calculated as per total booking amount and not as per advance deposited.
- Long weekend bookings like New Year, Christmas, Holi and Diwali are non refundable.
7 days and less - 100% cancellation
8 days to 21 days - 60% cancellation
21 days to 45 days - 40% cancellation
45 days and above - 20% cancellation
Everything was perfect: the director and staff were charming, attentive and efficient, we had a nice and comfortable room in a beautiful setting with a large terrace in the trees, food was good and plentiful.
Thanks to Karan the naturalist who went with us during our safaris we saw 2 tigers in the Bandhavgarh reserve. Tree House if a magical and cozy place that stands out from more traditional hotels.
By Marie P