Panna - Bandhavgarh - 6 Nights / 7 Days Combo
Ken River Lodge made a humble start in 1986 - one of the pioneers of wildlife tourism in the country. The forested estate is home to many mammals, birds and reptiles. The accommodation is simple and rustic with few mod cons thrown in. The 6 huts and 6 cottages are spread out in a 50 acre mixed jungle in undulating terrain, giving a jungle experience which few in the country can parallel. The lodge also boasts of a 3000 sq.ft. machaan where the meals are served. The machaan popularly known as the Tree House overlooks the Ken River and offers fresh home cooked meals.Panna National Park spread over 543 sq. km. was carved out of the hunting reserves of the erstwhile Panna, Chattarpur and Bijawar states. Panna was accorded sanctuary status in 1975 and in 1994 it became India’s 22nd Tiger Reserve. Panna is situated at the junction of the Gangetic plains and the Deccan peninsula. The panna hills provide the catchment area for the Ken River, which is the life line of the park. It is predominantly an open forest, offering great opportunity to see the tiger and other mammals. It also supports closed canopy forests, open forest with short grass and undercover, open Savannah woodlands which reflect sub Saharan habitats, tall grasslands and degraded scrub.
Kings Lodge is nestled between Sal forested hills of Bandhavgarh National Park in a large natural forested estate of 14 hectares in a small tribal village. Kings lodge is environmentally sensitive, harmonious with the natural features of the site and accentuates natural daylight to all facilities. Local knowledge and art has been incorporated in the development and the lodge has been constructed using local manpower. Our guests benefit from our incredible location, outstanding hospitality, an experienced naturalist team, our commitment towards conservation and local communities. Bandhavgarh was established in 1968 as a National Park, and is spread over an area of 448 sq. kms. This national park was declared as a tiger reserve under Project Tiger in the year 1993. It is predominantly covered with vegetation like SAL, SALI, DHOBIN and has vast stretches of grasslands spread over 32 hills, the region though smaller than other wildlife parks has one of the highest density of tigers in the world.
Day 01: Panna National Park
Arrive Ken River Lodge for lunch. Evening boat ride from the lodge on Ken river and overnight stay at the lodge.
Day 02: Panna National Park
Morning jeep safari in Panna Tiger Reserve. Post lunch proceed for half day Khajuraho temple visit followed by light & sound show.
Day 03: Panna National Park
Morning and evening jeep safaris in Panna Tiger Reserve.
Day 04: Panna - Bandhavgarh
After breakfast drive 5 hours to Bandhavgarh. Packed lunch will be provided for the journey. Overnight at Kings Lodge.
Day 05: Bandhavgarh National Park
Morning and evening jeep safaris in Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve.
Day 06: Bandhavgarh National Park
Morning and evening jeep safaris in Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve.
Day 07: Bandhavgarh National Park
Post breakfast, transfer for further connections.
Panna - Bandhavgarh - 6 Nights / 7 Days ComboTOUR COST: USD 1170 PER PERSON ON TWIN SHARING.
Above tour rate is valid till 30th June 2021.
- Book 130 days in advance and get 10 % off on total tour cost.
- Get 20% off for travel between 6th January 2020 to 21st January 2021.
- Get 20% off for travel between 1st May 2020 to 30th June 2021.
- New year night supplement (31st Dec) USD 50 per person.
- For Indian nationals, please email us for a quote to email@example.com or call us on +91 - 011-40146400
- Twin sharing accommodation in lodges as specified in program.
- All meals (6 Breakfasts, 6 Lunch and 6 Dinner) and tea/coffee service.
- 1 boat ride on Ken River.
- Three shared safari in Panna with entry fees, jeep charges and guide charges included.
- Four shared safari in Bandhavgarh with entry fees, jeep charges and guide charges included.
- Half day Khajuraho temple visit with light & sound show.
- Road transfers by air conditioned Toyota Innova or similar between Panna and Bandhavgarh.
- All applicable taxes.
- Any airfare, rail travel and transfers from the nearest airport or railway station and back.
- Any kind of personal expenses or optional tours, extra meals and beverages ordered.
- Insurance, laundry and phone calls.
- Bottled water, soft drinks and alcoholic beverages.
- Tips and gratuities.
- Anything that is not included in the above inclusion list.
Booking Terms :
- Above rates valid till 30th June 2021.
- Rates may differ during Christmas, New Years and special long weekends, please contact our reservations for details.
- 50% advance payment at the time of booking and balance 30 days before arrival date.
- No adjustments or refunds in case of not availing any facility from the package.
- Our lodges require a minimum 24 hrs prior notice to organize an airport/station transfer. In case of any urgent requests of such nature, we recommend our guests to contact the lodge or Delhi reservation office by phone.
- In keeping with our heightened security procedures we request all guests to carry a photo- identity to present at check-in. Foreign nationals are required to present their Passport and valid visa. Indian nationals can present any one of the following: Passport, Driving License, Voter ID card or PAN card. This should be the same as submitted at the time of safari bookings.
- Guests who have paid by online credit card will have to also sign a further authorization at the lodge on arrival and present the original credit card.
- Our standard check-in time is 1330 hrs and check out time is 1100 hrs.
- Subject to availability of rooms, we can offer you an early check-in and late checkout facility. For us to guarantee you an early check-in or late check out, you will need to reserve the room from the previous night.
- Park is closed on Wednesady afternoon and on major festivals. The forest department may close the park due to rain also on short notice.
- 1 child below 5 years complimentary, others will be charged 25% of double's cost.
- Children between 5-12 years 25% of the cost of double package in the same rooms.
- Above 12 years at 40% the cost of the double package, if minimum 65% extra child supplement has been paid on automatic upgrade to 2 rooms will be provided, subject to availability.
- 20% cancellation will be charged on all bookings.
- Cancellation amount is calculated as per total booking amount and not as per advance deposited.
- Long weekend bookings like New Year, Christmas, Holi and Diwali are non refundable.
7 days and less - 100% cancellation
8 days to 21 days - 60% cancellation
21 days to 45 days - 40% cancellation
45 days and above - 20% cancellation
We stayed in the Tree House Hideaway in April 2014 and had a fantastic experience! Sleeping in a Treehouse had been an old dream, and the Treehouse met all expectations and some more. The noises of the jungle was the best wake-up call ever before we went out to see the tigers. Our hosts took excellent care of us, and we truly enjoyed the fantastic food served. We were alone in the lodge and on our last night we had a candle-lit dinner only for us out in the bush, a memory which will stay with us forever!
By Hege H